Nella casa di vetro

sabato, gennaio 30, 2021

solitary mask

 

 
 
 ''Quiet World is about a guy who loves a girl. The guy is a bit of an odd and eccentric person - an outcast. He's also a mute, and a little unstable, as it turns out. The girl doesn't return his feelings, but he can't bring himself to let go. As his unrequited passion for her devolves into obsession and eventual resentment, his mind begins to slip further and further away. He convinces himself that he can't be loved because of his condition and abnormalities. So he decides to create for himself a new, fantastic world of which he has complete control - a world where there are no oddballs or outcasts. A world where everyone is surrounded by people who are just like themselves: a much quieter world.''
 
 
 ...
 My spinning head no longer holds at bay the piercing cold
It comes rushing back
I am called to submit myself into emptiness
I will surrender now
And soon I will become what I have fought all my life
What I've always run from
...